Organizing feature templates
The Organize Feature Templates dialog box allows you to author and manage the templates in your map, such as by creating, deleting, copying, and renaming templates and setting template properties.
These steps describe opening the Organize Feature Templates dialog box from the Create Features window during an edit session, which is the easiest way. When you are not in an edit session, you can open the template organizer by right-clicking a layer in the table of contents, pointing to Edit Features, and clicking Organize Feature Templates.
- Click Organize Templates on the Create Features window.
- To filter the list of layers in the template organizer, click Filter Layers and click to show only editable layers or only layers that have templates.
- To create new templates, click New Template. For more information, see Creating new feature templates.
- To create a copy of a template, click it and click Copy, or right-click it and click Copy.
You can also delete one or more templates. You might want to delete any extra templates for layers you do not plan to create features in to make it easier for you to access the templates you are using.
- Click a template and click Delete to delete an individual template.
- Click the Delete drop-down arrow and click Delete All In Layer to delete all the templates in the selected layer.
- Click the Delete drop-down arrow and click Delete All In Map to delete all the templates in the active data frame.
- To add tags to a template, click Tags. Tags are used when searching for templates. On the dialog box that appears, type the text of the tag, click Add, then click OK. You can also add tags from the Template Properties dialog box, delimited by semicolons.
- To rename a template, click it once and type the new name, or right-click it and click Rename.
- To change the properties of a template, such as to set the name, default construction tool, and default attributes for new features, click it and click Properties.