Creating a geodatabase in Informix on Windows
To create a geodatabase in Informix on a Windows server, use the Post Installation wizard.
After you install the ArcSDE component, the Post Installation wizard automatically launches. If you have already created your Informix database, registered it with the Spatial DataBlade, and created a user on the server named sde, you can proceed with the Post Installation wizard. If you have not, exit the wizard and complete those tasks. You can restart the Post Installation wizard from the Windows Start menu (Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcSDE > ArcSDE for Informix Post Installation) once the tasks are completed.
The Post Installation wizard takes you through the following steps:
- Granting the sde user RESOURCE permissions in the database
- Creating the geodatabase system tables and stored procedures in the database
- Authorizing the geodatabase using your ArcGIS Server Enterprise license file
- Creating an ArcSDE service
You only need to create a service if there are users at your site who will connect to the geodatabase using an ArcSDE service.
If you plan to only use direct connections to the geodatabase, see these topics for information about setting up direct connections to the geodatabase from a client machine:
The first dialog box of the wizard lets you choose whether to perform all the postinstallation tasks or choose only some of the tasks. For most new installations, choose the Complete option and click Next.
You might choose the Custom option if you do not want to create an ArcSDE service, you only need to update your authorization file in an existing geodatabase, or your database administrator has already granted the sde user RESOURCE permission in the database.
- In the User information dialog box, type the name of the server on which Informix is installed in the Informix server name text box.
- Type the password of the informix user in the Informix user password text box.
- In the ArcSDE database name text box, type the name of the Informix database in which you want to create a geodatabase.
- Click Next.
- On the ArcSDE configuration files dialog box, specify which configuration files to use to connect to and configure the geodatabase. For most installations, you can choose to Use the default file.
- Click Next.
In the next User information dialog box, connect to the database as the sde user by typing the sde user's password in the SDE user password text box.
The SDE user name and ArcSDE database name text boxes are populated automatically. If they are not, or if they contain the wrong database name, type the correct information.
- Click Next.
Choose whether or not to view the log.
- If you want to view the creation log, click Yes. You should do this if the geodatabase was not created.
- If the geodatabase was created without error and you do not want to view the log, click No.
The geodatabase has been created.
Next, you must authorize the geodatabase. See Authorizing ArcSDE geodatabases in Informix on Windows. If you are creating a service, see Creating and starting an ArcSDE service for geodatabases in Informix on Windows.