Esri Roads and Highways Server overview
The Esri Roads and Highways for Server product provides the following capabilities.
Publish networks and event layers as a map service
It provides the capability to publish your Roads and Highways LRS Networks and registered event layers as a map service. As a map service, your linear referenced data can be shared to the enterprise and/or published to your organization account at ArcGIS.com. Networks and events can be consumed by any client application that can consume an ArcGIS for Server map service, including existing ArcGIS for Desktop, web, and mobile clients. In addition, web developers can use the ArcGIS for Server Web APIs to develop web and connected mobile applications against your linear referenced data.
Adds the Linear Referencing Capability to map services
Esri Roads and Highways for Server extends the existing ArcGIS for Server map service with an additional REST service capability for linear referencing. These additional REST services, provided by Esri Roads and Highways for Server, support capabilities such as:
- Providing LRS-based network and event layer information
- Translating coordinate locations to routes and measures
- Translating (Locating) route and measures to coordinates or polylines
- Validating route and/or measure values
- Converting measures from one LRM to another
- Multilayer, transactional event editing, with support for overlap retirement and coincident event merging
Roads and Highways provides online developer help for the Roads and Highways REST services exposed by the Linear Referencing Capability Esri Roads and Highways REST API - Overview
- Visualize networks on a map.
- Visualize events on a map.
- Locate measures on a route.
- Perform spatial and attribute queries for routes.
- Perform spatial, measure, and attribute queries for events.
- Convert route and measures to coordinates.
- Convert coordinates to routes and measures.
- Convert measures between linear referencing methods (LRMs).
Roads and Highways provides online hosted versions of these developer samples Esri Roads and Highways: Sample Web Applications.
Packages the Roadway Characteristics Editor
The Roadway Characteristic Editor is a web application provided by Esri Roads and Highways for Server that supports editing of event data in a web browser. More information about the Roadway Characteristic Editor can be found atAn overview of Roadway Characteristic Editor.
System requirements are the same as those for ArcGIS Server .NET.