Defining attribute sets
Attribute Sets are used to create a set/group of attribute fields that you can use to add records in the Add Linear Events widget in the Roadway Characteristics Editor. Each editable field within an event is present in the left panel which can be added to a group in the right panel. The administrator can provide preconfigured Attribute Sets, or you can create your own Attribute Set using the steps outlined below.
Shows all the attribute fields present within each event layer.
Hides the attribute fields to show only the event layers.
Copy Selected Attribute Set
Copies all the attribute fields present in an event from the left panel to the attribute group in the right panel. The copy is made permanent only when you click the Save button.
New Attribute Set
Creates a new Attribute Set. The Attribute Sets created by using this button are saved in the browser. Therefore, these Attribute Sets are available only to the user's browser.
Remove Selected Attribute Set
Removes the selected Attribute Set from the widget. The administrator-configured Attribute Sets cannot be removed using this button.
Creates a new group in the right panel. A group contains event attribute fields. An Attribute Set is made up of one or more groups. The group is saved permanently by clicking the Save button.
Remove Selected group, Layer, or Attribute
Removes a selected group, layer, or attribute from the right panel. The removal is made permanent by clicking the Save button.
- You can access the preconfigured Attribute Set by opening a web browser and then navigating to the Roadway Characteristics Editor. Click Edit > Add Linear Events.
- In case you want to create a new Attribute Set, click Edit > Attribute Sets.
- Click the New Attribute Set button and type the name of a new Attribute Set.
- Click the New group button and type the name of a group.
This group will be part of the new Attribute Set.
- From the left panel, drag and drop a required event field to the group in the right panel.
- Add some more event fields to the group.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
Now the current Attribute Set is User1. You can also select the preconfigured Attribute Set (named Default) from the Attribute Set drop-down list at the top right.
Now click Edit > Add Linear Events.
The User1 Attribute Set can now be used to add records to the Linear Events that are created using the widget.