Registering an event offset from a point feature class
Another event, Event Offset from a Point Feature Class, is one of three reference offset events. In this type of reference offset event, an event table is registered and posted against the location of a point feature class. This event type is only available as a point event.
- Start ArcMap and open the Catalog window or start ArcCatalog.
- In the Catalog tree, connect to the geodatabase that contains the advanced linear referencing system (ALRS) and LRS Network for which you want to add event layers.
- Expand the ALRS that contains the LRS Network for which you want to add event layers.
- Right-click the LRS Network and click New > LRS Event.
The ALRS Event Setup wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Select Offset from a Point Feature Class.
- Click Next.
The General event properties page of the wizard appears.
- Type a name for your event layer in the Event Name text box.
- Verify that the parent network is set to the correct network.
- Click the browse button next to the Event Table text box.
The Browse Data dialog box appears.
External events can use OLE DB connections. See Connecting to an external event source to learn more about setting up OLE DB connections in your database.
When adding local events to an SDE geodatabase, the event table must be registered as versioned.
- Browse to the business table for which you want to create an event layer and click Select.
If the table you browse to is in the same geodatabase as your LRS Network, you will create a local event. If the table you browse to is outside of the geodatabase, you will create an external event. You must use caution to ensure you are pointing to the correct location when you browse to your business table. See Advanced linear referencing - Staging tables to learn more about local and external events.
The Create New LRS Event dialog box is populated with information from the event table.
- Verify and update the rest of the information on the Create New LRS Event dialog box as needed.
- Set the Event ID Field.
- Set the Route ID Field.
- Set the From Date Field.
- Set the To Date Field.
- Set the Time zone.
- Click Next to set the Feature Reference Offset properties.
- Click the browse button next to the Feature Class text box to select an offset feature class.
- Select the Parent Feature Class Properties Reference ID Field from the drop-down list.
- Select the Offset Event Properties Reference ID Field from the drop-down list.
- Select the Offset Event Properties Offset Field from the drop-down list.
- Select the Offset Event Properties Offset Units from the drop-down list.
- Click Next to set perpendicular offset.
See Setting perpendicular offsets for event layers to learn more about perpendicular offsets.
- Click Finish.