Creating airspace lines preferences
The Create Airspace Lines tool generates data for labeling both sides of coincident airspace features. The tool has configurable settings, known as preferences, that control airspace types, fields for labeling, and cluster tolerance used during processing. You can save and manage these settings from the Production Properties dialog box.
You can have multiple preferences. You can choose different preferences to use in the Create Airspace Lines dialog box. This improves productivity, as you do not have to set preferences each time you run the tool.
- Start ArcMap.
On the main menu, click
Customize > Production > Production Properties.
The Production Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Data Management in the list on the left side of the Production Properties dialog box.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the cell next to Set Tool Options.
- Click the ellipsis (...) next to Create Airspace Lines Preferences.
The Create Airspace Lines Preferences dialog box appears.
- In the Airspace Type(s) to Process list, check the check boxes next to the types you want to include in the airspace line creation process.
- In the Airspace Line Labels list, check the check boxes next to the fields you want to use in label expressions.
- Type in a numerical value in the Cluster Tolerance text box. Note:
Cluster tolerance is the minimum tolerated distance between vertices. Vertices that fall within this tolerance are considered to be the same. The tool will snap them together during processing.
The tool computes a default cluster tolerance. You can change it if desired.
- If necessary, click the drop-down arrow next to Decimal Degrees and choose a distance unit.
- Click Save As.
The Preference Name dialog box appears.
- Type a name for the airspace lines preferences.Note:
Preference names must be unique.
- Click OK to close the Preference Name dialog box.
The preference name appears in the Preference drop-down list at the top of the Create Airspace Line Preferences dialog box.
- Optionally, click Save As to save an existing preference to a new name.
- Optionally, click Delete to remove the preference.Note:
Deleting a preference deletes all features created using that preference.
- Click OK to close the Create Airspace Line Preferences dialog box.