Adding symbols to missed approach boxes
You can add another symbol to the missed approach box when a turn direction and navaid symbol is needed within the same box. You can do this by copying the Procedure_Id field from the MissedApproachProc_C table into a new record. If the Numseq_Val field is the same for the matching Procedure_Id, you will need to choose the MAProcedure_Code field and one of the domain values. If you have a Procedure_Id with two matching Numseq_Val fields, the row that comes first in the table will need to carry all the information for the missed approach box; the second row will only need the MAProcedure_Code.
- Start ArcMap.
- Add the MISSEDAPPRAOCHPROC_C table from the production database to ArcMap by clicking the Add Data button .
- Right-click the MISSEDAPPROACHPROC_C table in the table of contents and click Open.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aeronautical Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Double-click in the empty row at the bottom of the attributes table.
A new record appears in the table.
- Copy the Procedure_Id entry of the procedure leg to which you want to add the additional symbol to the missed approach box.
- Paste the Procedure_Id into the new record Procedure_Id field.
- Copy the following information from the existing record in which you want an additional symbol added to the new record:
- In the new record, choose the symbol you want from the MAProcedure_Code field drop-down list.
- Click the Save Edits button on the Aeronautical Editing toolbar.
- Click the Stop Editing button on the Aeronautical Editing toolbar.
- Re-create the profile view.
The additional symbol is added to the specified missed approach box.Tip:
The two symbols can be selected and moved independently using the Edit Instrument Approach Profile tool.