Creating profile views
The Instrument Approach Profile View tool draws the final transition of the procedure, by default, unless an additional transition is selected from the Profile Selection dialog box. Other transitions can be manually added using the tools on the Aeronautical Profile Edit toolbar.
The final transition is the portion of the procedure that ends at the Missed Approach Point and usually begins at the Final Approach Fix. The Instrument Approach Profile View tool considers ProcedureLeg and ProcedureLegPoint features to be part of the final transition if their TransitionIdent_Txt attribute is either ALL or NULL.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the production database is set to the appropriate database in the Data Management pane of the Production Properties dialog box.
- Ensure that the data model version is set to the AIS Charting model on the Data Management pane of the Production Properties dialog box.
If necessary, modify the profile view settings for the new profile views you want to create.
Changing these settings does not affect existing profile views.
- Ensure that your chart's data frame is set to the appropriate
instance by right-clicking the data frame, selecting Properties,
and clicking the Product Library tab.
- Click OK.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aeronautical Terminal Procedures.
Click the Instrument Approach Profile View button on the Aeronautical Terminal Procedures toolbar.
The Profile Selection dialog box appears.
By default, all the procedures in the production database's TerminalProcedure table are listed. If the TerminalProcedure table is added to the map's Table Of Contents window and a definition query is applied, only those procedures that satisfy the query are listed.
Select the airport name from the dialog box.
A list of procedures appear below the airport name.Tip:
To find a procedure quickly, you can type the first few letters of the procedure name and the list of procedures will jump to the first match.
Click OK to generate the profile view.
The profile view is created.