Zooming to a selected grid cell
Within the Reviewer Overview window, there are tools that allow you to navigate the contents of the window as well as the map. The buttons across the top of the Reviewer Overview window let you use the grid to navigate the map. That is, when you select a cell and zoom to it, you zoom to the corresponding location in the map. Once you have one cell in the grid selected, you can use the arrow buttons to move to and select adjacent cells in the grid.
You can also navigate to a cell in the grid by typing its number in the Grid Name text box. For example, if you want to go to the third cell in column B, you would type "b3".
- Start ArcMap.
- Open a map that contains a grid.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
Click the Reviewer Overview Window button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
The Reviewer Overview Window appears as a docked window in ArcMap.
- Click the Select Grid Cell(s) button in the Reviewer Overview window.
- Click a cell in the grid to select it.
- Click the Zoom To Selected button in the Reviewer Overview window.
You zoom to the extent in the map that is in the same location as the grid cell. The selected grid cell also becomes the current area of interest.