Using the keyboard to fly
The keyboard can be used to control the Fly tool.
- Click the Orbital Fly button on the Globe toolbar.
Use the following keys to control the Fly tool:
F—Start and stop flying
W—Increase forward speed
S—Decrease forward speed; reverse direction
J—Decrease elevation; zoom in
L—Increase elevation; zoom out
I—Increase pitch; view horizon
K—Decrease pitch; vertical view
The ARROW keys can also be used to control direction.
- Click the Target tool and use it to center an object of interest on the display canvas.
- Click the Orbital Fly button and turn on the fixed line of sight option.
- Hold the RIGHT ARROW key to rotate the object on the display.
- Use the I and K keys to view the object from different angles as it rotates.