Adding items to the My Places list
- Click the Tools menu and click My Places.
- To find a place to add, click the Find button to find a feature, place, or address. Right-click the item you found and click Add To My Places.
- To add a place based on a feature, select one or more features on the map. Click the Add From button and click Selected Feature(s) on the dialog box.
- To add a place based on a graphic, select one or more graphics on the map. Click the Add From button and click Selected Graphic(s) on the dialog box.
- To add a spatial extent as a place, zoom or pan to the extent you want to add. Click the Add From button and click Current Extent.
Each place is shown with an icon indicating what type of place it is.
- Your list of places is stored in the file C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\ESRI\Controls\Commands\MapNavigation\myplaces.dat
- You can add items from the Find dialog box into your places list regardless of the location from which you launch the Find dialog box (the My Places dialog box, the Customize menu, and so on).
- You can add your places to the Find Route dialog box in ArcMap (open the dialog box first from Tools > Online Services), the StreetMap Find Route dialog box in ArcMap (StreetMap toolbar), or the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension window in ArcMap (open the window and create a new route).
- Right-click to get a menu of options that apply to the currently selected place or places in the list. Hold down the SHIFT or CTRL keys to select multiple places in the list.