Zooming in and out in layout view
- In layout view, click the Tools menu, point to Layout, then click Zoom In.
Drag a box around the area of interest.
The area is centered and enlarged in the display window. The extent of the data frame remains unchanged, and map elements appear larger.
- To zoom out, click the Tools menu, point to Layout, then click Zoom Out.
Click or drag a box over the area of interest.
The display zooms out.Note:
Published maps with 3D globe content do not have a layout view.
- Layout tools are only available while in layout view.
- You can also use the Page Zoom In button and Page Zoom Out button on the Layout toolbar to change the layout.
- To display the map as it was originally published, click the File menu and click Reload.
- If the layer doesn't draw when you move around the data frame, it may have a scale range set that prevents the layer from displaying on the map at certain scales. Right-click the layer in the table of contents, click Properties, then use the Layer Properties dialog box to determine how the scale range is set. Alternatively, you can right-click the layer and click Zoom To Make Visible.