Adding an ArcGIS Server geocode service
In order to use the reverse geocoding functionality offered by the Find Route dialog box when adding a stop with the Name locations added with tool using nearest address option enabled, an address locator must be specified in the Options tab. This can be any file-based address locator supported by ArcGIS, an ArcGIS Online geocoding service, or an ArcGIS Server geocode service.
In this topic, you will learn how to add an ArcGIS Server geocode service in the Find Route dialog box.
See the help section Geocode services for more information about ArcGIS Server geocode services.
- Click the Find Route button on the Tools toolbar.
- Click the Options tab.
- Check the Name locations added with tool using nearest address check box.
- Click the Browse button next to the Choose an address locator drop-down arrow.
- Click the Look in drop-down arrow at the top of the Add Locator dialog box and choose GIS Servers.
- If the server containing the desired geocode service is already listed, double-click it, choose the geocode service, and click Add.
- If the server is not listed, you need to connect to it. Double-click Add ArcGIS Server to launch the Add ArcGIS Server wizard.
- Click Next in the wizard.
- Type the URL to the server in the Server URL text box.
If necessary, type a user name and password in the Authentication section and click Finish.
The server is now available in the Add Address Locator dialog box.
Double-click it, choose the desired geocode service, then click Add.
The geocode service is listed in the Choose an address locator drop-down list.