Installing ArcSDE for DB2 on Linux or UNIX
To install ArcSDE for DB2 on a Linux or UNIX operating system, log into the server as the operating system sde user and run the installation procedure. Be sure this account has write permissions to the installation directory.
Installing ArcSDE creates a directory (referred to as SDEHOME) that contains configuration files and administration command utilities.
For IBM AIX users only: If you are installing on AIX, it is recommended that you run slibclean before upgrading or installing ArcSDE to clear inactive libraries from memory. Stop your current ArcSDE service, then run slibclean as the root user. See your AIX system administrator documentation for more information on the slibclean command.
Follow these steps to install ArcSDE for DB2 on a UNIX or Linux operating system:
- Log into the server as the sde operating system user.
Access the ArcSDE installation files.
- If you have a DVD, place it in the appropriate drive and mount the drive.
- If you downloaded an ISO image, create a directory for the image and mount the image.
- To start the ArcSDE installation, change directories to the appropriate database directory.
Type the install command at the operating system prompt to start the ArcSDE installation.
The command-driven dialog for the ArcSDE installation procedure starts.
Read the license agreement and accept it, or exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- If you have read and agree with the terms in the enclosed license agreement, type yes to continue the installation process.
- If you do not accept the license agreement, press ENTER or type no to exit the installation process.
Complete the component installation.
Default selections are noted in brackets: [ ]. To obtain a list of options or online help, type ? at any prompt. You can quit the installation procedure at any time by typing quit or q. To return to a previous question, type the caret (^).
After the ArcSDE installation completes, create a geodatabase.