Accessing an ArcSDE address locator
To allow other ArcSDE or database server users to access an address locator you create in an ArcSDE geodatabase, you must grant them privileges on the address locator.
- In ArcCatalog, connect to the ArcSDE database as the user that owns the address locator.
- Right-click the address locator and click Privileges.
- In the Privileges dialog box, type in the text box the name of the user to whom you want to make the address locator available.
Check the box next to Allow this user to use the selected object(s) and click Apply.
To revoke the privilege of using the selected address locator, check the box next to Do not allow this user to use the selected object(s).
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 to make your address locator available to additional users.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
ArcSDE address locators can only be rebuilt or modified, including changing and saving the locator properties, by users who own the locators.