Publishing ArcSDE layers
Determining whether the ArcSDE password will be stored in the published map is done while creating the database connection.
- Click the Add Data button in ArcMap.
- Double-click Add Spatial Database Connection.
- Enter the information required to connect to your spatial database. If you are using a services file, your ArcReader users will need the same ArcSDE entry in their services file.
- Check Save Name/Password to save the password in the database connection.
- Click OK.
- Uncheck Save Name/Password to require your ArcReader users to enter a password when they open the published map.
- Layers that require a password will not draw in ArcReader unless the correct password is entered.
- When making a spatial database connection, if you enter the port number for the service, your ArcReader users will not have to update their services file.