Editing collections and master-slave relationships
The Relationship Manager window allows you to manage and update feature relationships. The following options define which feature relationships are listed in the tree view:
- Type—A drop-down list that can limit the list to a single type of relationship
- Selected Features Only—A check box that changes the list option from features found in the current extent to only those that are selected
Once features are listed, you can interact with each relationship and edit it through right-click shortcut menus at various levels of the tree. At each level, you are able to add to or remove from an existing relationship. The level in which the operation takes place dictates whether the entire relationship is updated or just an individual feature.
- Start ArcMap.Sugerencia:
If the ArcMap - Getting Started dialog box appears, you can open a new or existing map document. You can also check the Do not show this dialog box in the future check box and click Open.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Nautical.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Sugerencia:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
Click the Relationship Manager button on the Nautical toolbar.
The Relationship Manager window appears.
- Select the features that participate in the relationship you want to edit or uncheck the Selected Features Only check box to see the relationships found in your current extent.
- Right-click the relationship you want to modify and click a command.
Commands vary based on the type of relationship you selected.