Raster selection options
The selection environment allows you to perform queries based on data within the raster catalog or mosaic dataset and its relationship to feature layers. For example, using Select By Location or Select By Attribute from the Selection menu, you could select the following:
- A set of raster datasets by cloud cover criteria
- Raster datasets by date
- Raster datasets based on location for features in a feature layer or graphic
You can use a Select Features tool to interactively make the selection. You can open the attribute table to make your selection. You can even make a selection using the Identify tool .
Selecting raster datasets within a raster catalog geodatabase can only be performed on catalogs created since ArcGIS 9.0.
The raster selection options are all similar to those found on a raster catalog. To learn how to change the selection options on a raster catalog, follow the steps below.
- Right-click the raster catalog and click Properties.
- Click the Selection tab.
- Choose a Show selected features option.
- Using the selection color specified in the Selection Options
- With this symbol
- With this color
Optionally, check and draw rasters.
The rasters for the selected polygons in the raster catalog will be drawn when the polygons are selected.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.