Adding an image at the top of the report
One way to improve the attractiveness of a report is to use an image. An image displaying a company logo or a contextual picture can convert a simple report into one with a professional feel.
- Open a report in the Report Designer.
- Under Design Elements, click Picture.
- Click and drag the Picture element into the ReportHeader.
- Under Element Properties, change the Image property.
- Click the ellipses (…) button to display the Open Image dialog box and select the image you want.
Images aren't always sized exactly as you'd like them to be. Under Element Properties, use the Size Mode property of an image to adjust how the image is displayed. Clip mode will set the image to the initial extent of the image element. Stretch mode will stretch the image to fit in the extent of the element, and Zoom mode will maintain the maximum aspect ratio of the image inside the element.