Shading records in the report
Reports can contain a lot of information and an important aspect of designing a report is making it easy to read through. You can enhance the readability of your report by shading records. This helps the reader visually separate data in adjacent records.
- Open a report in the Report Designer.
- Click the Style Manager button on the toolbar.
- In the Style Manager dialog box, click Add to create a new style for your report.
- Expand the Detail node under Properties.
- Change the Back Color and Alternate Back Color properties to alternate the shading of records in the report.