Selecting a point label position
The label placement position is the first placement property you set for a label class. There are 10 predefined placement positions for point labels: Northwest, North, Northeast, West, Centered, East, Southwest, South, Southeast, and Best Position. The default placement position, Best Position, will find the best placement location for labels in most situations.
- Click the Label Manager button on the Labeling toolbar.
- Check the check box next to the layer you want to label.
- Choose a label class under the layer.
- Click the Properties button.
- Click the Label Position tab.
- Click Position.
- Click a placement option.