Importing feature datasets, classes, and tables from an XML workspace document
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
You import entire feature datasets, feature classes, or tables with the Import XML Workspace Document wizard. You can also import the geodatabase schema without any data.
You can create an XML workspace document for import by exporting data from a geodatabase, feature dataset, table, or feature class.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click the geodatabase into which you want to import and point to Import > XML Workspace Document.
Choose whether to import the geodatabase and its data or just the schema.
- If you want to import schema and data, click Data.
- If you want to import the geodatabase schema without any records from the feature classes and tables, click Schema Only.
- Click the open folder button and navigate to the XML workspace file from which you want to import data. You can import from an XML, ZIP, or Z file type.
- Select the XML document you want to import and click Open.
- Click Next.
- Any naming conflicts are displayed in red. To change a suggested name in the Target Name column, overwrite the name.
- If you are importing into a file or ArcSDE geodatabase and want to use a configuration keyword, choose one from the Config Keyword drop-down list.
- Click Finish to import the information from the XML document.