Exporting feature datasets, classes, and tables
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click the geodatabase, feature dataset, feature class, or table you want to export and point to Export.
- Click XML Workspace Document.
- If you want to export the schema and data, click Data.
- Specify the path and name of the new file you will create.
- If the data you're exporting has metadata and you want to export it, check the Export Metadata check box.
- Click Next.
- The list of data to export expands to include any dependent data. For example, if you had right-clicked just one of the feature classes participating in a network in step 1, all feature classes in the network are listed.
- Click Finish.
If you want to export the schema without any records from the feature classes and tables, click Schema Only.
If you specify the path and name by typing it into the text box, give the file a .xml, .zip, or .z extension to specify the file type.
If you specify the path and name by browsing to a folder with the Save As dialog box, specify the file type in the Save As dialog box.
If you don't know to which file type you should save, see A quick tour of exporting data.
Uncheck the Include check box for each feature class, table, or relationship class you do not want to export. If you leave a box checked for a feature class in a network or topology, all the feature classes in the network and topology will export.