Naming parcels using the parcel namer tool
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
You can use the parcel namer tool located on the Parcel Editor toolbar to batch assign sequential names, parcel identification numbers (PINs), or assessor's parcel numbers (APNs) to a set of adjacent parcels in the parcel fabric. If a set of adjacent parcels has names that are sequential, the parcel namer tool can be used to automatically populate the parcel name attributes of the selected adjacent parcels.
- In an edit session in ArcMap, click the Name Parcels Sequentially Using A Line tool on the Parcel Editor toolbar and drag a line across the adjacent parcels to which you want to batch assign sequential names.
- On the Parcel sequence naming dialog box, type a numeric value in the Starting parcel number text box.
- Type a numeric value in the Increment text box.
- Type an alphanumeric prefix and suffix, respectively, in the Prefix and Suffix text boxes. Prefixes and suffixes are optional.
- Click OK to assign the parcel names.
You can add another line segment and change the direction of the line to name adjacent parcels that do not follow a straight line. Instead of double-clicking to finish dragging the line, click once to add another line segment.
For example, if you typed a starting parcel number of 001, an increment of 2, and a prefix of A54, selected adjacent parcels are named A54001, A54003, A54005, and so on.