Editing the parcel fabric using fabric jobs (manual mode)
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Opening parcels in a fabric job using Modify
To open a parcel or group of parcels in an automatically created job, follow these steps:
Click the Parcel Editor arrow and click Options to open the Parcel Editor Options dialog box.
If the Parcel Editor toolbar is not visible in ArcMap, clickCustomize > Toolbars and click Parcel Editor.
- Click the Manual (Allows edits to be managed through the Job Book) option and click OK.
- Click the Parcel Editor arrow on the Parcel Editor toolbar and click Start Editing.
- Click the Select Parcel Features tool on the Parcel Editor toolbar and drag a box to select the parcel(s) you want to open in a fabric job.
- Click Parcel Editor > Modify to open the parcels in a job.
- When you want to save the job, click Parcel Editor > Finish Job.
If either the Parcel Details or Parcel Explorer window is not visible, click the Parcel Details or Parcel Explorer commands, respectively, on the Parcel Editor toolbar to turn them on.
Creating jobs using the Create Job dialog box
You can manually create a parcel fabric job that has a title, operator name, description, and so on. Manually created jobs behave like automatically created fabric jobs, except you can explicitly define which parcels are to be edited before opening the job.
To manually create a fabric job, follow these steps:
- In an edit session, click Parcel Editor > Create Job.
- Enter a job name, description, and so on. A job name is required to open a fabric job from the Create New Job dialog box.
- Click the Select Parcel Features tool on the Parcel Editor toolbar and select the parcels you want to edit in the fabric job.
- Click the Add button next to the Edit Job Parcels list.
- To add additional surrounding parcels using a radius buffer, click the Parcels within option and type a radius in the empty box below the Parcels within option. Click the drop-down arrow to specify the radius units.
- Click the Get button to add surrounding parcels that lie within the radius you specified.
- To add parcels manually, click the Choose parcels manually option and select your parcels using the Select Parcel Features tool.
- Click the Add button next to the Job Parcels list.
- Click the Include parcels to fill gaps in the selection option if there are reference parcels that have not been added to the fabric job separating the parcels that are part of the fabric job. The parcels that have not been added to the fabric job are added during the extraction process.
- If you want to open the fabric job, check the Open job when I click OK option. Leave this option unchecked if you want to save the job to the job book and not open the job.
- Click OK to either save or open the job.
- If you have opened the job and want to save your job edits, click Parcel Editor > Finish Job.
Edit parcels are edit locked, which prevents any overlapping jobs on an ArcSDE multiuser geodatabase from editing their dimension attributes. Neighboring parcels are unlocked.
A buffer line is drawn on the map, and all parcels intersecting the buffer line are added as surrounding job parcels.