Creating multipart parcels in the parcel fabric
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Multipart parcels can be created using the parcel traverse or by merging existing, disjoint parcels.
- In an edit session in ArcMap, create the first parcel traverse loop of your multipart parcel.
- With the first parcel traverse open, click any one of the parcel corner points to add it as the from-point of the part connection line in the next line of the traverse grid under the Lines tab of the Parcel Details dialog box.
- Type the bearing and distance of the part connection line in the Bearing and Distance fields of the parcel traverse grid.
- Set the line category to 7 Part Connection.
- Create the next parcel traverse of the multipart parcel starting at the endpoint or to-point of the part connection line.
- Once all the parcel traverses of the multipart parcel have been created, click the Keep changes to parcel data and join command on the Parcel Details dialog box to save and join the multipart parcel to the parcel fabric layer.
- You can also click the Keep changes to parcel data command to save your multipart parcel as unjoined.
Part connection lines are treated the same as boundary lines in the parcel fabric.
To create a multipart parcel by merging existing parcels, select the disjoint parcels you want to merge using the Select parcel features tool , right-click, then click Merge.