Pasting lines as parcel construction lines
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- In an edit session in ArcMap, click the Parcel Editor arrow on the Parcel Editor toolbar and click Plan Directory to open the Plan Directory dialog box.
- On the Plan Directory dialog box, right-click the plan in which you want to digitize construction lines and click Construction.
- Load your feature class, CAD file, or any other supported vector line source as a layer into ArcMap.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar and select the lines you want to copy.
- Right-click in the map display and click Copy.
- Right-click in empty space in the Construction grid on the Parcel Details dialog box and click Paste.
If you are not working with plans, right-click the system default plan named <map>.
If you are working in manual mode using fabric jobs, you can right-click the plan listed in the Parcel Explorer window, if the plan is part of the open job.
Copy your line work from your external data source:
The selected lines are pasted into the map or local data frame and the construction line grid is populated with the dimensions computed from the geometry of each pasted line.