Creating construction lines using angle and length
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- In an edit session in ArcMap, click the Parcel Editor arrow on the Parcel Editor toolbar and click Plan Directory to open the Plan Directory dialog box.
- On the Plan Directory dialog box, right-click the plan in which you want to digitize construction lines and click Construction.
- Using the Construction tool located on the Parcel Details dialog box, click the starting or from-point of the construction line.
- Right-click a construction or parcel line and click Angle/Distance.
- Right-click a construction line or a parcel line and click Angle/Length.
- On the Angle/Distance dialog box, enter an angle and a distance and choose whether to deflect the line clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Press ENTER to create the construction line.
If you are not working with plans, right-click the system default plan named <map>.
If you are working in manual mode using fabric jobs, you can right-click the plan listed in the Parcel Explorer window, if the plan is part of the open job.
The units of the angle are in the units set for the current, working plan.