Reshaping a topology edge
When you edit edges with the Reshape Edge tool, all the features that share the edge are updated at the same time.
- Click the Topology Edit tool on the Topology toolbar.
- Click an edge to select it.
- Click the Reshape Edge tool on the Topology toolbar.
- Click the map to create a line according to the way you want the feature reshaped.
- To change the shape of the sketch segment, click a construction method type on the Editor toolbar or on the Feature Construction mini toolbar. Segments can be created using a variety of methods—for example, as straight lines, with curves, or traced from the shapes of other features. You can also use keyboard shortcuts or right-click to access a menu of commands to help you place vertices in the sketch.
- Right-click anywhere on the map and click Finish Sketch.
You can snap the sketch to the selected edge or cross it to indicate where to start and stop reshaping. The sketch must cross (or touch the edge) at least two times for it to be reshaped.