Creating a dimension feature with the Continue Dimension tool
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Click a dimension feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click the Continue Dimension tool on the Create Features window.
- Click an existing dimension feature whose end dimension point you want to use as the begin dimension point for your new dimension feature.
- Click the map where you want the end dimension point to be. The dimension type will be the same as the original selected dimension feature.
- To create back-to-back dimensions, click the previous dimension, then drag and click to create more dimensions in a row.
As you move the mouse pointer, the new dimension feature dynamically draws with the begin dimension point fixed at the end dimension point of the selected dimension feature. The height is also fixed at the height of that dimension. The end dimension point changes as you move the pointer, keeping the baseline for the new dimension feature parallel to the baseline of the selected existing feature.