Creating a dimension feature with the Perpendicular Dimensions tool
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Click a dimension feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click the Perpendicular Dimensions tool on the Create Features window.
- Click the map at the start dimension point for the first dimension feature. As you move the pointer, a line is dynamically drawn through the point you clicked on the map. This line represents the direction of the dimension line for the first dimension feature.
- Click the map to indicate the direction of the first dimension's dimension line. The line will freeze at that point. As you move the pointer, you will see the first dimension feature parallel to the line. The second dimension feature will also draw as you move the pointer. This second dimension feature will be perpendicular to the line and, therefore, perpendicular to the first dimension feature.
- Click the map at the start dimension point for the second dimension feature. The start points for each dimension feature are the points on the map you clicked, and the end dimension points for the new dimension features are the intersection of those dimension features.