Creating a dimension feature with the Free Aligned tool
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
With the Free Aligned tool, if you add two points, a simple aligned feature is created. With three points, an aligned dimension feature is created.
The first point entered will be used as the start dimension point. The second point will be used as the end dimension point. If you add three points, the third one will be used as the dimension line height point.
- Click a dimension feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click the Free Aligned tool on the Create Features window.
- Click the map at the start dimension point. As you move the pointer, the dimension feature will not dynamically draw itself.
- Use the construction methods to enter the end dimension point.
- Use the construction methods to enter the point where you want the dimension line to be.
- If you create more than three points or any points that do not represent the start or end dimension point or dimension line height, you must delete them before continuing.
- Right-click anywhere on the map and click Finish Sketch.