Creating an aligned dimension feature
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Click a dimension feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click the Aligned tool on the Create Features window.
- Click the map at the start dimension point. As you move the pointer, the new dimension dynamically draws itself with your pointer location as the end dimension point.
- Click the map at the end dimension point. The new dimension continues to dynamically draw itself; however, the start and end dimension points are fixed, and the height of the dimension line changes as you move the pointer.
- Click the map where you want the dimension line to be. With the Aligned construction method, the dimension line is parallel to the baseline.