Generating feature-linked annotation from selected features
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
Feature-linked annotation can be created using the Annotate Selected Features command.
- Add a feature class and its linked annotation feature class to your map.
- Select the features in the origin feature class (the point, line, or polygon layer) for which you want to generate annotation. To create annotation for all the features, select all the features.
- Right-click the layer in the table of contents, point to Selection, then click Annotate Selected Features.
- Check the annotation classes in which you want to store the annotation.
- Check the box if you want to convert unplaced labels to annotation. Sometimes some of the generated annotation cannot automatically be placed on the map, so it is added to the database to be placed later. You need to use the Unplaced Annotation window to display these annotation features.
- Click OK.