Applying the same attribute values to multiple features in a layer
You can modify attribute values for multiple selected features in a layer at the same time. If you click the layer name and modify the attribute values, all selected features are updated; if you click multiple individual features or individual related records, only the highlighted features or records are updated.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar and select the features.
- Click the Attributes button on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the layer name. If you want to update just certain selected features in the layer, hold down CTRL and click the features to highlight them.
- Update the attribute values. Only change the values you want to apply to all the features.
- You can also make bulk updates to the attributes of related features or tables this way. Expand the relationships so you can see the related records, hold down CTRL and click each of the related records at the top of the window, then change the values at the bottom of the window.
- When you are finished, click the features to ensure that the values are updated as desired.