Using the Feature Class To Feature Class tool
Use the Feature Class To Feature Class tool to convert a CAD feature class to a geodatabase feature class or a shapefile. This tool includes access to Query Builder, enabling you to extract subsets of CAD data. The Field Map controls allow you to add, delete, or rename attribute fields that are generated as output.
- Open the Feature Class To Feature Class tool.
Drag one or more CAD feature classes from a Catalog window into the Input Features text box.
- Or use the browse button , navigate to the CAD file, and click Add.
- Click the Output Location browse button , navigate to an existing geodatabase, and click Add.
- Enter an appropriate name in the Output Feature Class text box.
Optionally, click the Expression SQL button to open Query Builder if you need to extract a specific subset of CAD elements.
For example, the expression "Layer" = 'Parcels' imports only the CAD elements residing on the drawing layer named Parcels.
- Optionally, use the Field Map controls if you need to rename, delete, or modify the output properties of specific fields.
- Click OK to run the tool.