Using the Merge tool
Use the Merge tool to create a single feature class from multiple CAD feature classes of the same feature type. The tool merges identical feature class names, types, and attribution. Fields that are unique to each input feature class are also generated as output. The Field Map controls allow you to add, delete, or rename attribute fields.
- Open the Merge tool.
Drag one or more similar CAD feature class types from a Catalog window into the Input Features text box.
- Or use the browse button , navigate to the CAD file, expand the CAD dataset, choose a CAD feature class, and click Add.
- Click the Output Dataset browse button and navigate to an existing geodatabase.
- Type an appropriate feature class name and click Save.
- Use the Field Map controls if you need to rename, delete, or modify the output properties of specific fields. This is optional.
- Click OK to run the tool.