Detecting gaps, overlaps and invalid measures
Using the Roadway Characteristics Editor, users can execute the Esri Roads and Highways quality control geoprocessing tools through a web interface. There are a number of checks that can be run against event layers. These checks include Detect Gaps, Detect Overlaps, and Detect Invalid Measures.
- Open a web browser and navigate to Roadway Characteristics Editor.
- Click the QC widget and click Check Events on Route.
The Check Events on Route dialog box appears.
- Select the Network (LRM) that will serve as a source for selecting the location of the quality control check. The Network (LRM) can be any LRS Network published as a layer in RCE.
- Enter a Route ID or use the Select a Route on the Map tool to pick up the route from the map which will be used to check events.
Notice the selected route is now highlighted in the map
- Enter a From measure value of the intended start location of the quality control check along the route or use the Select From Measure on the Map tool to pick the start location from the map.
Notice a green plus symbol is dropped at the selected location in the map
- Enter a To measure value of the intended end location of the quality control check along the route or use the Select To Measure on the Map tool to pick the end location from the map.
Notice a red cross symbol is dropped at the selected location in the map
- Choose an option for validating events.
Choose to run checks against all event layers or against a single event layer
- Check all event layers in the map
- Choose specific event layer
- Choose checks.
Check all that apply
- Detect Gaps
- Detect Overlaps
- Detect Invalid Measures
- Click Run Checks.
The Quality Control Results grid opens and is populated with results.