You can merge two or more line events using the Merge Events tool available in the Roadway Characteristics Editor. Upon succeessful execution, the tool merges multiple adjoining events into an existing target event. All the input events except the target event retire.The merged event acquires the lowest value of From Measure and highest value of To Measure fields from the input events by default. If a gap exists between the input events, the gap is bridged in the merged event. You can edit the attributes of the merged layer prior to committing the merge. Use the following steps to merge events in the Roadway Characteristics Editor:
- Open a web browser and navigate to Roadway Characteristics Editor.
- Click Edit > Merge Events.
- In the Merge Location area, select an event layer on which you want to work in the Event Layer parameter.
- The LRM to which the event is registered is selected automatically in the Network (LRM) parameter, but you can select the LRM using the drop-down list.
- Enter a Route ID on which the events to be merged are located or use the Select a Route on the Map tool to pick the route from the map.
- Next, use the Select by Bounding Box tool to draw a box on the map to select the events to be merged.
- The records/attributes of the selected events show up in the Event Records box.
- In the Merge Result area, select the Target Event ID using the drop-down list.
All the records shown in the Event Records area will be merged to the Target Event.
- The Start date defaults to today's date, but you can select a different date using the date picker. The end date is optional.
- The estimated merged event is displayed in the Merge Result table.
You can edit the fields in white to make any changes in the merged result. All the records shown in the Event Records area will be merged to the Target Event. The fields in gray are uneditable.
- Click Save to merge the records.