Installing Esri Roads and Highways for Desktop
This topic covers the procedures for installing Esri Roads and Highways on your desktop. Before installing the software, ensure the following prerequisites are met:
- You have administrator rights or elevated privileges.
- Your system meets the minimum system requirements for ArcGIS 10.
- You have the current ArcGIS Desktop 10 software and service packs installed.
- ArcGIS Production Mapping is installed with Data Reviewer.
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager is installed.
The installation procedure includes the following steps:
- Log in to the system as administrator.
- Close any open sessions of ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
- Shut down any ArcGIS Server services including both server object container (SOC) monitor and server object manager (SOM).
Access the Roads and Highways installation files.
- If you have a DVD, place it in the appropriate drive.
- If you have the setup stored on a local drive, navigate to the correct location on your machine.
- Double-click setup.exe to start the installation wizard.
The Roads and Highways setup wizard starts.
- Click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default location.
- You can select your own destination folder by clicking Change and navigating to a new folder.
The wizard is now ready to install the software.
- Click Install to start the installation.
The status of the installation is indicated by the progress bar.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.