You can save grids created in Grids and Graticules Designer as XML files in a specified location.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click the Grids and Graticules Designer window button on the Production Cartography toolbar.
- Create the grid and all the necessary components.
- Click the grid to save in the tree view.
Click the Save button .
The Save As dialog box appears.
- Browse to a file location and type a name for the grid.
- Type a name for the grid XML file in the File name text box.
- Click Save.
The Grids and Graticules Designer saves the new grid as an XML file in the specified location.