Hiding or showing suppressed features
Organizations sometimes need a way to suppress a feature so it can be ignored by the export and editing processes without actually deleting it from the geodatabase. To accomplish this, the Suppress and UnSupress tools allow you to mark a feature as suppressed or unsuppressed by setting an attribute on a feature. By setting a feature as suppressed, you are effectively removing it from the edit session by making it not visible when used in conjunction with the Toggle Suppress tool.
There are three Suppress tools that work in conjunction with each other located on the Nautical toolbar.
- Toggle Suppress—Toggles the visibility in the ArcMap session to hide suppressed features
- Suppress—Sets the selected features to be suppressed by populating the PLTS_SUPPRESS field = 1 (suppressed)
- UnSuppress—Sets the selected features to be unsuppressed by populating the PLTS_SUPPRESS field = 0 (unsuppressed)
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Nautical.
On the Nautical toolbar, click Nautical > Toggle Suppress.
Any feature with PLTS_SUPPRESS = 1 (suppressed) disappears.
- On the Nautical toolbar, click Nautical > Toggle Suppress again to make all the suppressed features show in the map.