Configuring the product instances
The Product Instances pane allows you to define the means of implementing and populating instances in the product class. You can configure the properties in the New Class or the Class Properties dialog box.
The Nautical Solution offers three production environments:
- Enterprise production environment
- Desktop production environment for existing products
- Desktop production environment for creating new products
You can define which production environment you want to use by setting the population method. With the enterprise production environment, data from the central data repository (the NIS) is extracted into a production database, and replicas are created that allow you to synchronize changes from the NIS down to your production database. With the desktop production environment for existing products, you simply implement your instance and import data directly into the product database. With the desktop production environment for creating new products, you run the implement and populate processes on your instance and use the nautical editing tools to compile the data for your new product.
- Start ArcMap.
- If you do not have the New Class dialog box open, right-click an existing product class from the product library tree view and choose Properties to open the Class Properties dialog box.
Click Product Instances in the list on the left side of the New Class or the Class Properties dialog box.
Click the Implementation Method drop-down arrow and choose an implementation method.
- If your solution does not have any custom implementation methods, this drop-down list only contains <No Custom Object>.
- The Nautical Solution uses the Personal Workgroup SDE Implementer.
Click the Population drop-down arrow and choose a method for populating the instances.
- Choose Nautical Replication Populator if you are working in an enterprise production environment.
- Choose Nautical Desktop Populator If you are working in a desktop production environment for creating new products.
- If your solution does not have any custom population methods, this drop-down list only contains <No Custom Object>.
You can proceed to the following before closing the dialog box:
- Click OK.