Excluding files from the exchange set
You have the ability to exclude certain files from your exchange set through a couple of different workflows. Optionally, you can start at step 11 if you already performed steps 1–10 by following the steps in the Creating exchange sets topic.
- Start ArcCatalog.
Add the Exchange Set tool to a toolbar by completing the following steps:
On the main menu, click Customize > Customize Mode.
The Customize dialog box appears.
- Click the Commands tab.
- In the Categories list, choose Nautical S-57.
- In the Commands list, click and drag the Exchange Set button to a toolbar.
- Click Close.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Customize Mode.
Click the Exchange Set button .
The Create S57 Exchange Set dialog box appears.
Click the Browse button next to the Output Location text box to set your output location.
The Browse For Folder dialog box appears.Note:
Your ENC_ROOT folder is automatically created at this location.
Click OK once you have selected your output location.
The Output Location text box shows the path of your directory location.
Click Add in the Content area to add S-57 dataset files.
The Add File to Exchange Set dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the directory that contains your dataset files.
Select the dataset file you want in your exchange set.
- Once you have selected your dataset files, click Open.
Repeat steps 6–9 for additional dataset files.
The table view in the Content area contains record rows for your selected datasets.
In the example above, all .txt files have <No Path> listed in the Path or Location field.
You can exclude an external file by doing one of the following:
- In the table view, select a row referencing an external file, displayed as <No Path>, and click Remove.
- In the table view, uncheck the external file reference and click Create.
If you click Remove, the record is physically removed from the table view.Tip:
To retrieve the removed file, you need to remove the dataset file and add it again. You cannot add external files directly to the table view.