Populating the z-value with a custom value
The z-values for features can be updated using a specified value. If you know the value that should be used as the z-values for your features, you can indicate it on the Populate Z dialog box and populate the features using the Populate Z for selected features tool.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Z Management.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select the features whose z-values you want to populate using the Edit tool on the Production Editing toolbar.
Click the Populate Z for selected features button on the Production Z Management toolbar.
The Z Populate dialog box appears.
- Choose the Populate Zs from value entered option.
- Type a value in the Populate Zs from value entered text box.
A message appears that indicates how many features were populated using the Populate Z For Selected Features tool.
- Click OK.