Appending slave features to master-slave relationships
As part of maintaining data, you may need to add new slave features to existing master-slave relationships. This could be the result of new equipment being installed on an existing structural feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Nautical.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Relationship Manager tool on the Nautical toolbar.
The ~Relationship Manager~ window appears
Right-click the master feature to append to in the Relationship Manager window tree view and click Start Append.
- Select the feature to append to the master-slave relationship.
- Right-click the same master feature and click Do Append.
- Repeat steps 7–8 for all slave features you want to append.
After you finish appending slaves, right-click the master feature again and click Stop Append.
Optionally, you may want to use the Show Available Slaves command in the shortcut menu. This evaluates potential slave features that are spatially co-located with an existing master feature (points only). When potential slave features are found, you can add them to master features.