Configuring the sketch halo
In many collection guidance specifications, it is necessary to collect only a conspicuous representation of dense features, for example, buildings or road networks. Many guidance specifications have an explicit distance that must exist between features to maintain the scale representation of the specification. The sketch halo properties allow you to create a sketch halo that follows the sketch tool cursor to facilitate the collection of such features. Currently, the sketch halo can only be constructed in the native map units of the data frame's projection.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Production > Production Properties.
The Production Properties dialog box appears.
The Editing properties appear.
- Type a value in the Radius text box using projection units as the unit of measurement.
- Click the Units drop-down arrow and choose a unit of measurement.
- Check the Use Color check box if you want to choose a color to use with the sketch halo.
- Click Color to choose a color.
- Check the Show Halo check box.
- Click OK.
For geographic projection, this is Decimal Degrees.
The default is the display units, but the halo is built in native projection units.