Splitting polygon geometries
The Dice Polygon tool splits existing polygons with intersecting segments. The intersecting geometries can be polylines or polygons. The output is polygon features.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
Click the Launch Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears in ArcMap.Tip:
The Feature Builder window can be placed anywhere in ArcMap, or in the TOC, with the aid of the arrows showing the possible placement positions.
- Verify that the Feature Builder Scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Choose the Feature Builder Scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Select one or more Feature Builder polygon and line geometries.
Click the Dice Polygons button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
Polygons are created where the lines and the polygons intersect.