Activating cascade master/slave moves
Depending on the Cascade Master/Slave Moves Activated property setting, if a master feature is geographically moved on the map, all attached slave features are automatically placed at the same location. This also works for moving slave features. Only master/slave relationships that are set together geographically will be affected. If the property value is set to False, you will be asked each time you move the master or slave feature if you want to move the attached slave or master features too. If the property value is set to True, all attached slave or master features are automatically placed at the new geographic location of the moved feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Production > Production Properties.
The Production Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Nautical Properties.
- Click the cell next to Cascade Master/Slave Moves Activated.
Click the drop-down arrow and choose an option:
- True—All associated slave or master features will be automatically placed at the new geographic location of the moved feature without a warning message.
- False—A message appears and asks if you want to move the associated features.
- Click OK.