Applying product changes in an enterprise environment
In an enterprise workflow environment, each time you start an edit session on your product's CM or URGENT version, the nautical edit extension will search the product library for any unapplied update files. These update files are generated when Update Instance is run on your product.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the menu bar in ArcMap.
- Navigate to the product you want to edit.
Right-click the product and click Check Out Product.
The Check Out dialog box appears.Note:
If you previously checked out a product from the product library, the output location you chose appears in the Output Location field.
Click the ellipsis (...) next to the Output Location field.
The Browse For Folder dialog box appears.
Navigate to the folder to which you want to check out the product.
If necessary, you can use Make New Folder to create new folders and subfolders.
The Check Out dialog box appears with the path you defined.
- Click OK.
- In the Table of Contents window, click the List By Source button.
- If necessary, add the product nautical dataset to your data frame or resource the data (click the Add Data button and browse to your product in SQL Express).
Change the version to CM.
If you are trying to produce an ER file with Urgent edits from NIS, connect to your URGENT version.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar to start editing.
You are prompted to apply changes. Unapplied change files are found for your product.Note:
You will not be allowed to start editing until your changes are applied.
Ensure that the Nautical toolbar is available.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Production > Toolbar Settings > Nautical S-57 Production.
Click the Apply Changes button on the Nautical toolbar.
The Product Updates dialog box appears.
Click the appropriate Apply method:
- Click Apply Oldest if you have one change to apply.
- Click Apply All if you have more than one change to apply.
A message box appears saying the updates were applied. All existing data change messages are applied to the replica version from the oldest to most recent date.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.Tip:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.